gamerhaven
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

gamerhaven

Welcome to gamer haven, Guest.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegistercontacting the staffLog in

Seiken Densetsu 3

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Patrick
I can ride my bike with no handlebars
Patrick

Male Number of posts : 211
Registration date : 2008-01-30

Seiken Densetsu 3 Empty
PostSubject: Seiken Densetsu 3   Seiken Densetsu 3 EmptySun Feb 24, 2008 4:35 pm

Alright, I finally got some footage of my bro and I playing Seiken Densetsu 3. This is only part one of probably three because the fight took 12 minutes to complete. I haven't finished editing the last two parts, but I thought I should give you a glimpse of some gameplay.

Part 1 (<---click)

This clip shows my brother (playing as the ninja, Hawk) and I (playing as Pat [aka Doran] and Carlye). We're shown fighting one of the God-Beasts, Dangaard.

Seiken Densetsu 3 (known in the U.S. as Sword of Mana 2) is a 1-3 player, role playing game (rpg) developed by Square (now Square Enix) for the Super Nintendo Entertainment System. The game has three different storylines that are preset for you based on who you pick as your starting character. There are six playable characters to choose from: Angela, Doran, Hawk, Lise, Kevin, and Carlie. Upon starting a new game you will choose three of the six characters to make up your party. Each character starts as a specific class. Once you reach level 18 with a character you will have the option to level up their class by choosing either a light or dark advanced class. You will also have the option for a second class upgrade when you reach level 38 with a character and collect the items for whichever class you’re going to change to. A battle mode was introduced as part of the gameplay, which freezes some aspects of normal gameplay (such as item storage) to allow the player to focus on defeating monsters. Seiken Densetsu 3 only allows for up to two human players, with the other one or two characters being controlled by the AI. A screen in the system menu lets the player control certain preferences on how the AI-controlled characters should act.

Fan translation (contributed by wiki)
In 2000, a fan translation project led by hacker Neill Corlett was successfully completed and made available on the internet as an unofficial patch. Due to the increasing popularity of video game ROMs and the quick progress of emulators at the time, the translated version of Seiken Densetsu 3 was made available to many players from around the world in 2000. Its translation is considered a milestone in fan translation history, as Seiken Densetsu 3 makes use of a complex compression algorithm and had proven to be a significant challenge for all who had attempted to translate it before Corlett's team.

Three-player Patch (contributed by wiki)
In late 2006, a three-player patch was released by a member of the emulation community; this patch allowed up to three human players to participate in the ROM version of the game, similar to Secret of Mana

Overall this game is the definition of a classic rpg with element unique to its series. I give Seiken Densetsu 3, 4 out of 5 stars for being a versatile rpg for its time, with an excellent storyline and gameplay. The only thing that keeps this game from being 5 stars is the lack of side quests.

-Patrick Seiken Densetsu 3 825381
Back to top Go down
Kc
Just bought my first game system!
Kc

Male Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2008-04-06

Seiken Densetsu 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seiken Densetsu 3   Seiken Densetsu 3 EmptySun Apr 06, 2008 4:30 pm

Indeed that is a fun game and we should upload parts 2 and 3, and should fight more god-beasts to post more videos.
Back to top Go down
Patrick
I can ride my bike with no handlebars
Patrick

Male Number of posts : 211
Registration date : 2008-01-30

Seiken Densetsu 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seiken Densetsu 3   Seiken Densetsu 3 EmptySun Apr 06, 2008 4:50 pm

Kc wrote:
Indeed that is a fun game and we should upload parts 2 and 3, and should fight more god-beasts to post more videos.

Wel,l no one seems to have taken an interest in them.
Back to top Go down
Kc
Just bought my first game system!
Kc

Male Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2008-04-06

Seiken Densetsu 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seiken Densetsu 3   Seiken Densetsu 3 EmptySun Apr 06, 2008 4:54 pm

Well I guess since well it was only released in japan so you can't buy it for the SNES in America so you can pretty much only download it onto your pc to play.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Seiken Densetsu 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seiken Densetsu 3   Seiken Densetsu 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Seiken Densetsu 3
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
gamerhaven :: SNES-
Jump to: